Taco Truck Games
Based in Seattle, WA
August 8, 2018
|Free To Play|
Meow Wars is a cat themed card battle game with easy to learn mechanics and charming hand drawn characters. Battle your way through each challenger to reach Commander Catrat and free Claw Mountain from his iron fisted grip. Each stage introduces a new cat and card ability in a compelling feline filled story. Challenge your friends to a PVP duel or test your might against a global audience.
Meow Wars has been in development since January 2017. It is the first game developed by solo indie game developer Adrian Sotomayor as part of Taco Truck Games. Originally developed as a remake of the classic card game of War, Meow Wars has evolved into it's own unique card battle game.
- Multiplayer: Challenge your friends to a PVP card battle!
- Multiplayer: Select from a cast of 8 characters and 7 arenas.
- Multiplayer: Hone your skills by training against our cat bot AI.
- Story Mode: Extensive training from Lieutenant Luna prepares you for battle.
- Story Mode: Meet all the cats in their natural habitat and be entertained with cat pun chatter.
- Simple mechanics that are easy to learn - even for novices to the card battle genre.
- 11 languages, including "Meow Meow" cat chatter. Even your cat can play! (English, Spanish, German, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean)
- 8 wonderfully hand drawn characters brought to life.
- 8 ability cards that bring excitement to battles, introducing strategy and unpredictability.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection" Seattle Indie Expo 2017
- "Best of SIX 2017" Operation Rainfall
- "My philosophy is simple: Add cats to anything to instantly make that thing better. Card battlers are super popular right now and there’s no shortage of them on the App Store, but wouldn’t they be SO much better if they were filled with cats? Don’t answer that, it was a rhetorical question, the answer is obviously yes."
- Jared Nelson, Touch Arcade
- "Meow Wars also doesn’t require pre-game deck building, which makes it a purrfect game to play when you’re busy, have a cat in your lap but desperately need to pee, or with friends at a cat-lovers gathering. (It has a Versus mode!)"
- Orchid Stachelig, Indie Hangover
- "I was so smitten by one game in particular that I made a beeline to it at the Expo, and made sure it was the first one I played. And whaddya know, it’s a game that features cats, so anyone reading this on the Internet is going to love it too."
- Ashley Rivas, Principally Uncertain
- "I managed to beat all the enemies in the demo except for a freakish cat with a Dr. Doom rat mask, who beat me soundly. If this game manages to balance the various systems already present, Meow Wars should be a lot of fun."
- Josh Speer, Operation Rainfall
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at tacotruckgames.com.
About Taco Truck Games
Taco Truck Games is an independent game studio based in Seattle, Washington, USA. We current focus on fun, quick to play games for mobile platforms.
More information on Taco Truck Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creator, Developer, Designer
Alex Schearer - Spotted Zebra
Sam Moore - Ugly Ink
Elise Kates Audio Production